Ways To Use Your Sunday Mornings Throughout The Summer
On Sunday, May 20th, we will begin our summer schedule. That means we will worship at 4:00pm at Midway Community Church on Midway Road. So what do you do on Sunday mornings if we are worshiping at 4:00pm? Below are a few ways to make the most of your Sunday mornings.
- Rest – The Lord gave us the gift of Sabbath rest. It’s an opportunity to rest physically and spiritually. It’s an opportunity to reflect on the infinite greatness of God and our finite being. You can rest by allowing yourself to sleep in or just enjoying the slow pace of the morning. With worship at 4:00pm, it’s a great time to rest.
- Prayer – So many of us would say that we don’t pray as much as we should because we don’t have time. Well, now you do. Take some time on Sunday morning to pray. Pray for your relationship with the Lord, your family needs, and your church family. You may want to take a prayer walk around your neighborhood to pray for your neighbors and be reminded of the unchurched and lost that live close.
- Spend time with your family – At Renewal we want to always encouraged families to spend time together. Weekly schedule don’t often allow time for families. Homework, chores, house projects, etc. seem to crowd out time together. Use your morning to invest in your family. Play a game together or simply slow down to enjoy a conversation after breakfast or dinner around the table.
- Extended time in the Word – You may have great habits for reading, meditating, and praying through the Bible. But, if you are like me, you would enjoy some extended time of just sitting and soaking up the life giving truths of Scripture. Take some time on Sunday morning to enjoy an extended time of reading and reflecting on the Word.
- Gospel Opportunities – If you are out on Sunday mornings you will begin to see the unchurched and lost in our community. Most churches gather for worship on Sunday mornings. Many of the folks you see on Sunday mornings may not have a church home or a relationship with Christ. Use this time to build relationships and look for gospel opportunities. It could be you invite the neighbors or co-workers over for lunch.
- Visit another local church - There are a number of churches in our community who are faithfully teaching the Bible and proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ. During these summer months, you may want to visit a church to be encouraged by faithful brothers and sisters in our community. Also, you may want to invite Christians friends at other church to worship at Renewal at 4:00pm.
More in Renewal Blog
July 25, 2018Students on Mission: Summer LINK Prague reflections
July 25, 2018Church-Wide Reading: Week 4
July 17, 2018Church-Wide Reading: Week 3